Car Kit Essentials
It is no secret that leaving the house with a baby is a lot of work. And it can be stressful trying to remember everything you need. From making sure they are dressed and ready to go to packing up the diaper bag, and even seeing that your pets or anything else in the house are squared away before leaving, it can take around 45 minutes to an hour of just prepping. It does get easier as you get your routine and checklist down, but having a car kit can help make the process even better. With essentials stowed away in the car, you will always have everything you might need while out, leaving less room for panic and stress and more time doing the things you need to do!
The car kit is essentially a stationary diaper bag or caddy that lives in the car so you always have these items when needed. There are so many storage options for your car kit.
- Clear plastic totes are great because you can tell at a glance what is inside. It is also easy to wipe down and keep clean.
- Fabric storage bins are another option if you are wanting more organized sections. They are also great for wedging into small spaces.
- A trunk organizer is a large and organized storage option. It has a lot of pockets and places to put items and can sit comfortably in the trunk.
- If you need a smaller option go for a seat organizer! This keeps items neat and tidy and up off of the floor.
Now that the storage container is taken care of, it’s time to figure out what to include in your car kit! This is what we recommend.
Car Kit Recommendations:
- Diaper changing pad
- Baby wipes
- Diaper cream
- Diaper disposal bags
- Paper towels
- Antibacterial wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- A toy
- Disposable nursing pads
- Warm blanket
- Change of clothes for mom
- Change of clothes for baby
- Stroller fan
- Car seat cover
We hope this list helps keep your mind at ease the next time you leave the house. Your car is like a second home and it’s nice to know that if an emergency may arise, you will be prepared! Be sure to check out our other blog posts for more best practices like car seat safety or tips on keeping your children healthy. If you are interested in learning more about Celebrate Birth and our care, send us a message today!